Spiked peanut butter hot chocolate:
50g milk chocolate
70mls Marks & Spencer Chocolate & Peanut cream liqueur
1. Place a small pan on medium heat and add the chocolate milk. Stir gently and continuously until the chocolate melts and the milk is a smooth brown colour.
2. Add in the liqueur and continue to stir until all the liquid looks blended together.
3. Drop in a few marshmallows and allow them to melt a little.
4. Remove from heat and serve in a cute AF mug. Decorate with whipped cream and a sprinkling of marshmallows.
This recipe has a ‘make it up as you go along’ vibe so you can sub out ingredients to suit your own preference. My top swaps for this recipe are:
– Chocolate: using dark chocolate will add more depth of flavour, whereas white chocolate will make your drink creamier.
– Alcohol: dark rum, Irish cream and whisky all work well with chocolate. With dark chocolate you could even add a small amount of red wine (yes, really!)
– Decoration: for extra sass add a mini flake, chocolate sprinkles or edible glitter.
And of course, a super cute festive mug to serve your chosen creation in! I bought a pair of these from Primark for me and the Mr to use throughout December.
If you have a good recipe of try out a variation of mine please do let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading,