The very last update of the year, and what a year it’s been!
Honestly, my year has been fine. Good even. I had the first few months of 2020 not having a good time at all, so when the pandemic hit it forced some of the changes I was struggling to make for myself (I wrote a previous post about this which you can read here). Imagine feeling so down on yourself that a global pandemic actually SAVED the year!
BUT no more about that now. More about the lighter, fluffier stuff you probably clicked over here for…
This months clothing has mainly been loungewear and Christmas clothing, no great surprise. I also discovered a new small business (thanks Instagram) that sell really good quality quirky PJs called Their Nibs which you’ll see below
- Moesha: (sings) Mo to the, E to the….another month, another throwback to my teenage years courtesy of Netflix! I don’t think I watched the final season first time round so I was very frustrated and disappointed with how it ended.
- Christmas films: of course! I watch the same core films every single year, but this year I added in Fred Claus, Christmas With the Kranks and Deck the Halls.
I usually do a post about my Christmas (I’ve done one almost every single year since launching this little online space) but I thought this year I’d combine it with my monthly catch up, mainly because that’s what I’ve been doing this month so it makes sense.
As it was for virtually everybody in the UK, our festive period wasn’t quite like it usually is, however being in Tier 3 meant we could still enjoy some indoors family time which I’m very grateful for. This year we ventured over the bridge to my mum’s house for Christmas lunch, the first time any of us have celebrated thers as they only moved in last year.
Lunch was spread over a few hours, with some present opening in between courses:
- Starter: Mackerel patê served with rocket and ciabatta
- Main: Carved turkey and gammon, pigs in blankets, home made stuffing, honeyed carrots, parsnips, sprputs, garlic roast potatos and lashings of gravy
- Dessert: Papa Robbo’s infamous croissant white chocolate bread and butter pudding
After lunch we headed to my sister in laws to do a door drop of presents for the other side of the family. We stood in the back garden next to the fire pit whilst we watched the little ones open their gifts through the french doors. Definitely VERY weird, but at least we got to see them somehow!
Boxing Day, instead of going to my mum’s or hosting family as we usually do, (as everybody else in the UK did) we stayed at home. We still made an effort and cooked a 3 course meal for ourselves, but ate it in our loungewear. It’s all about balance ya know:
- Starter: Caremalised onion and goats cheese tart
- Main: Turkey roulade with truffle cauliflower cheese, carrot sweede, pigs in blankets and roasties
- Dessert: Sticky toffee pudding with pouring cream
The last thing we did for the year (‘cos we’re definitely not doing anything tonight!) was do a socially distanced treasure hunt around Beverley courtesy of Escape Rooms Beverley (it’s £5 per couple). It was a great way to get some fresh air, a nice walk and use my brain a bit for the first time in a couple of weeks!
And now it’s New Years Eve, 2020 is done and 2021 is raring to go. Let’s try our best to work with what we’ve got for now and hope it’ll lead us to the joy, freedom and peace many of us are craving.
So that’s it. Well, just for now. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog posts, followed and engaged with me on Instagram and may even watched a few of my cheesy Tik Tok videos! It’s much appreciated and I hope to see you more in the new year.
Thanks for reading,