Quick question: WHERE DID THE SUN GO?? I know we had an extra lovely Spring, but now we can do more socialising the rain needs to do one!
You’ll notice I’ve worn a lot of the same stuff this month – it’s stuff I like and we’re all meant to be shopping more consciously these days (though admittedly I’ve made a fair few new purchases this month) so that’s why!
- Book of Mormon soundtrack
- Unsolved Mysteries: It’s a series of programmes rather than a series, so you don’t have to watch all of them (or in the right order) to follow any of the stories. A range of topics from mysterious deaths to UFOs are covered so a little something for all conspiracy or crime buffs.
- Canada Drag Race: I very much enjoyed it, the lack of RuPaul hasn’t felt off for me at all. There are some great queens so if you’re a drag race fan I’d recommend watching.
- The Festival: a film by the makers of The Inbetweeners (also starring some of the cast from the TV show and film) that follows 2 new graduates in their first trip to a festival with inevitable mixture embrassing and life defining moments
- Got my hair done: The day my hairdresser was back open for business, I was the second appointment in her chair. My split ends had gotten a bit crazy and my blonde a bit too brassy, but now everything is smoother and brighter and feeling great for summer.
- Went out for food: I wanted to wait a little after everything opened to ensure I felt comfortable, so about a week afterwards we treated ourselves to Sunday lunch at one of our favourite local restaurants. People in my local area seem to be behaving very sensibly so I needn’t have worried, the scenes shown in Central London and Bournemouth are absolutely not the case in East Yorkshire!
- Bought a tonne of new beauty and skin care products: ALDI brought out loads of products that were meant to be high end dupes, I was instantly influenced and ran out to my local to snap up as many as I could! I posted the results on my Tik Tok if you want to see how I got on.
- Booked a holiday: after missing out on two during lockdown and seeing other people’s experiences of foreign travel, we decided to book a week away in Zakynthos (Zante) for the end of the summer. It gives hotels chance to get into their stride with new measures, and we trust completely that the tour operator will not allow us to travel if they deem it unsafe. I will probably do some kind of travel post as I usually would as well as posting on social media, so you’ll see how we get on.
Lots to look forward to in August, let’s go!
Thanks for reading,