What a busy and turbulent quarter 2 2019 has been! Here what’s been happening with my original goals, plus a few extra bits of gossip…
- Get a home bar Progress of this one is pretty straightforward – we actually have a bar in an area of our home, we just haven’t made it functional yet! As you can see by this pic, it has quite a specific look, so it’s going to take a bit of time to work out how to decorate around it. We’ve managed to set up and style a full bar cart (which has been done since the New Year, I just haven’t written a post about it yet) so we’re part way there.
- Un-join the gym and get outside This one is going ok, particularly now the UK weather is getting a bit warmer and the nights have been lighter. Still a bit hit and miss on occasions; sometimes I can be out and about and pretty active, other days it’s a bit more of a challenge, so I’m just trying to do as much as I can when I can. I still have a regular little walking group with my pals to keep things on a social and motivational track, myself and the Mr also pop out sometimes after work as a good way of unwinding from the day and setting aside some properly quality time.
- Get out of the house more
- Dranks out, drinks in I’m going to be honest and say that I think I need to take this one off the table. After reviewing the goal and becoming more sociable in the evenings (as per goal #4) I’ve decided it’s not achievable because I don’t want it to be at the moment. Part of setting foals is to review and track their progress , then make changes if the original plan isn’t working out, so that’s what I’m doing. I’d still say that about 50% of the time in social situations I’m driving and having soft drinks, but still
So, what else has been happened since we last caught up?
- I booked a summer holiday
Ya gal is heading back to Greece! After a fabulous trip to Santorini in 2018 (I did a series of blog posts on Island hotspots, best things to do and a guide to Greek food) the Mr and I are heading to Mykonos. If you have any top tips for things to do (other than take loads of money) or places to go, please let me know. We considered going to Ibiza but, as my other half so eloquently put it when he saw the cost, “it’s getting ideas above its station with those prices! ” and I got my first choice of vacay. Yay.
- I went back to the dark side
- I turned 36
Ugh. Not one I like to admit, but it’s happened and I’m dealing with it! To mark this ‘milestone’ I did a bit of a different blog post to any I’ve done before, but I really enjoyed putting it together!
For the past few years I’ve done a dedicated ‘what I got/did for my birthday’ but this year was a bit more low key due to some persona and family illness. Instead I thought I’d just do a little roundup here (like I did with my Lanzarote holiday in my last update post) of some key parts. Had some lively food, went to a Shappi Khorsandi gig and had a quick but lovely visit to Liverpool
And that brings us nicely to the present day and in to quarter 3 of 2019, I wonder where it’ll take me…
Thanks for reading,