Say hey to October everyone!
In the month when I RETURNED TO WORK….well that’s the biggest thing that’s happened to be honest. Sorry for the spoiler, please keep reading to the end!!
This month’s outfits have mainly been office attire (most of it not new and still fit from pre-lockdown, yay). I also picked up a couple of new bits including this pair of dresses from Next at the bottom of the pic, which I have been obsessed with ever since.
- Outcry: You catch up with this one on Sky documentary, and you should. It’s a documentary about a high school footballer is accused of molesting a child and what happens after that. My though process was driven wild throughout and I didnt fully form an opinion until the last episode (there are 5)
- Gogglebox: It’s back! This may be my favourite series yet now I’ve watched it a while and gotten to know the cast over the series.
- The Duchess: Written, produced by and starring comedian Katherine Ryan (I’m fairly sure its loosely based on her life) the six-parter follows the journey of a single mum trying to have a second baby in the midst of criticism over her circumstances and relationship woes. I really enjoyed it, and of you enjoy Katherine’s sense of humour and outlook you will too.
- Michael McIntyre: His new live dropped onto Nteflix this month (kind of wish he’d have released it a few months ago when we were bored in the house bored in the house bored) after we’d seen one of his warm up gigs in Hull shortly before lockdown.
- Ran through a corn field (see my title image): Theresa May eat your heart out! Not quite as carefree as all of that, I just met up with Kat and we took some photos for our Instagrams, made a couple of Tik Tok videos and had some food. Always a pleasure to spend time with that one
- Started a new job: I’m back in full time business baby!! As you read this I’ll be at the end of my fourth week, and so far so good. I wrote a blog post last week about job hunting during a global pandemic where I shared my experiences and a couple of tips if you fancy a read.
- Had some date nights out: We actually made a concerted effort to get dressed up and have a couple of nice meals out (just in case everything closes again for a while). It was really nice just to enjoy each others company, eat some nice food and just enjoynthe atmosphere.
- Fresh nails: Following a DIY mishap (I tried the foam mirror thing) I had to have my acrylic holiday nails removed, so I went for gel on my natural nails in a cute colour with a spotty design.
That’s pretty much it for this month! I hope you’re all well, staying safe and are looking forward to the autumn months. Maybe some light at the end of the current COVID tunnel??
Thanks for reading,