Well THAT was a bit of a busy month! Holiday, celebrations, and….Tik Tok fame?? I unintentionally had a month off from writing any posts as a result, but it’s September now so back to school it is!
(AD| Gifted – some of the items in this collage were given to me as part of a new brand collaboration, which I’ll talk about more below)
- Hamilton: I managed to bag a free 6 month subscription to Disney+ (thanks O2) so the first thing I did was watch this to see what the hype was about! I enjoyed it and the songs are very catchy, it’s quite lengthy so I don’t think I’ll be watching it again for a while.
- First Dates: Another one of those ‘why didn’t we watch this before’ programmes. Guess I’m just meant to be a few yeata behind the times with my viewing pleasure!
- Semi-Detached: The new sitcom by Lee Mack. Not his usual style and I’m not a fan of it after 2 eps.
- We’re Here: the power of drag with those who don’t fit in or have suffered hard times. Can’t get through an ep without balling.
- Secured some regular freelance work: as you may remember from my June post, I’ve been made redundant from my full time day job. As part of a completely separate interaction, a brand I like found my blog, liked my writing style and asked if I would be interested in doing some work for them. I snapped their hand off and so far I am loving it! I thought a lot about transitioning to full time at the end of last year, but the planning and timing didn’t feel quite right. Maybe it is now?
- Made a balloon arch: One of my besties turned 40 at the start of lockdown so we had some bekayed celebeations and decided to get some extra little touches to make it special for her. She’s a massive fan of leopard print so we made that out theme and got a cake, decorations and photo props to match. The final piece de resistance (if I do say so myself) was a 12m balloon arch that I made and fitted all by myself (I bought a kit on Amazon). I also made her a Vogue cover from the trend that was going round a couple of months ago and put it in a frame.
- Had an afternoon tea picnic: …and the spot my friend chose ended up being right next to our local COVID testing site!
- Aunty duty: because of the school holidays and my current ‘not in full time permanent employment’ sitch I’ve had my niece and nephew for a few days this month while their parents have been at work. It’s been lovely to soend more time with them but damn is it tiring. How do you full time parents do this??
- Went on holiday: As I mentioned last month, we booked a holiday to Zakynthos, and low and behold we actually went! Not without a couple of hiccups though – our hotel decided not to open so we were moved to another in the middle of nowhere which wasn’t suitable for us, then a possible quarantine for Greece was discussed which would have hindered the Mr going back to work. The answer? Bring the trip forward by 2 weeks and move to another hotel closer to the action. There was no quarantine when we came back and we got to go away when the weather went a bit rubbish again in the UK, wins all round! You can read more about our experience in my previous blog post here.
- I *may* have gone Tik Tok viral?: I say may because I don’t know how many views you need to be classes as viral, but all of a sudden this month some of my videos blew up! At the time of writing I’ve inexplicably gained 6.5k followers (a number I could only dream of on IG) and some of my videos have been watched tens of thousands of tines (again, something I can only dream of on IG) one with over 275k views. WTF? Who knew that dancing like an idiot in your husband’s dressing gown would be so appreciated…
Thanks for reading